Randy J. Knudson
Randy Knudson received his Juris Doctorate from the University of New Mexico, School of Law in 1980. He is a member of the New Mexico State Bar, in good standing.
Mr. Knudson (Randy) is a former Commissioner for the Judicial Standards Commission, which is a Commission created by the New Mexico Constitution in Article 6, §32, to regulate and enforce the ethical conduct of New Mexico Judges under the Code of Judicial Responsibility. The Commission consists of two justices or judges, one magistrate judge, two lawyers, and six citizens. Mr. Knudson served in this capacity for 5 years, acting as a frequent Hearing Officer.
Randy is a former member of the New Mexico Supreme Court’s standing Rules of Civil Procedure Committee for the District Courts.
Randy was appointed by the New Mexico Supreme Court to serve on the New Mexico Board of Bar Examiners, which regulates the admission of persons seeking to practice law. He previously served for over 12 years on the New Mexico Board of Bar Examiners and was the Chairman of the Character & Fitness Committee.
Randy has been on the Board of Directors for the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association for 12 years, is an active member and participant on the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Listserv. He is also a member of the American Association of Justice and a member of the AAJ Nursing Home Litigation Section. Randy is a frequent presentor for the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association on topics dealing with complex litigation.
At the local level, Randy is the President of the Roosevelt County Community Development Corporation ("RCCDC"), which is a 501C3, non-profit organization, charged with bringing and expanding economic opportunities in Roosevelt County, New Mexico. Randy also serves on the Recreation Board for the City of Portales.
Randy was awarded the State Bar of New Mexico Distinguished Service Award for 2009.
Mr. Knudson was selected to the Trial Lawyers of America Top 100 Lawyers for New Mexico http://www.thenationaltriallawyers.org/top-100-lawyers-new-mexico.html and selected for inclusion in the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 editions of Southwest Super Lawyers. Mr. Knudson was selected for inclusion in the 2016 edition of the The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs.
- New Mexico, 1980
- Contributing Author, New Mexico Trial Lawyers, Seminar Papers.
- • “Strategic and Tactical Considerations in Using Motions in Limine”, June , 2013
- • "Understanding and Making Effective Use of E-Discovery in Litigation and Its Interface With Daubert/Alberico." October 2008
- • “Winning Your Case by the Exclusion of Evidence” March 10th, 2006.
- • “Qualifying and Impeaching the Expert Witness”, Co-Author, March 10th, 2006.
- • “Effective Use of Motion in Limine to Exclude Evidence”, March 10th, 2006.
- • “Effective Use of Motions for Sanctions to Limit or Exclude Evidence”.
- • Amicus Curiae: Strausberg v. Laurel Healthcare Providers, 2013 WL 3226753 (2013)
- Local Counsel for the National Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
- • Amicus Curiae for AARP: Corum v. Roswell Senior Living Center No. 28,314, 2010-NMCA-105, 149 NM 287, 248 P.3d 329 (Ct. App. 2010).
- • Amicus Curiae: Cordova v. World Finance Corporation, No. 30,536, 2009-NMSC-021, 146 NM 256, 208 P.3d 901 (2009).
- Local Counsel for the National Citizen’s Coalition for Nursing Home Reform
- • Amicus Curiae: Keith v. Manor Care, No. 28,008, 2009-NMCA 119, 147 NM 209, 218 P.3d 1257 (Ct. App. 2009).
- Beggs v. City of Portales, 2009-SC-023, 146 NM 373, 210 P.3d 798, (2009).
- Beggs v. City of Portales, 2007-NMCA-125, 142 N.M. 505, 167 P.3d 953, (Ct. App. 2007).
- Gushwa v. Hunt (In re Estate of Gushwa) 2008 - NMSC-064, 145 NM 256, 197 P.3d 1, (2008).
- Gushwa v. Hunt (In Re Estate of Gushwa), 2007-NMCA-121, 142 N.M. 575, 168, P.3d 147 (Ct. App. 2007).
- S. Farm Bureau Cas. Co. v. Hiner, 2005-NMCA-104, 138 N.M. 154, 117 P.3d 960, (Ct. App. 2005).
- Henry v. Daniel, 2004-NMCA-16, 135 N.M. 261, 87 P.3d 541, (Ct. App. 2004).
- Portales Nat’l Bank v. Ribble, 2003-NMCA-93, 134 N.M. 238, 75 P.3d 838, (Ct. App. 2003).
- Kibbe v. Elida Sch. Dist., 2000-NMSC-6, 128 N.M. 629, 996 P.2d 419, (1999).
- Christian Child Placement Serv. Of the N.M. Christian Children’s Home v. Vestal, 1998-NMCA-98, 125 N.M. 426, 962 P.2d 1261, (Ct. App. 1998).
- Dick v. City of Portales, 118 NM 541, 803 P.2d 127 (Ct. App. 1994).
- Dick v. City of Portales, 116 NM 472, 863 P.2d 1093 (Ct. App. 1993).
- In re Mary L., 108 N.M. 702, 778 P.2d 449, (Ct. App. 1989).
- Crantex v. Mountain Development, 106 NM 5, 783 P.2d 123 (1987).
- Sunwest Bank v. Clovis IV, 106 NM 149, 740 P.2d 699 (1987).
- Abarca v. Henry L. Hanson, 106 N.M. 25, 738 P.2d 519, (Ct. App. 1987).
- AG-Chem Farms Servs. v. Corberly, 105 N.M. 384, 733 P.2d 15, (Ct. App. 1987).
- Christian Placement Serv., New Mexico Christian Children’s Home v. Gordon, 102 N.M. 465, 697 P.2d 148, (Ct. App. 1985).
- In re Adoption of Doe, 101 N.M. 30, 677 P.2d 643, (Ct. App. 1984).
- In re Adoption of Doe, 99 N.M. 278, 657 P.2d 134, (Ct. App. 1982).